Flasher Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flasher Cans

The flasher can for the turn signals on my '68 W-300 stopped working. It's the retangular type, mechanical flasher with no numbers I can read. Looking on the internet I found many flashers; so electronic some mechanical with many different numbers.

How does one pick the best or proper flasher number.

One possibility, I would think NAPA would list one for that application.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Falsher Cans

I was hoping some one understood or knew about the numbering system for these devices. Maybe they're all the same and each maker uses different numbers or maybe there are many different types for different applications with different numbers.

Comment

Back when...

these trucks were newer, the flashers gave you a choice of two terminals or three terminals, and the flasher connection was a choice of a plug in flat blade, or a screw for a wire terminal. Of course, you also had to choose between 6 or 12 volts.

I don't remember if the shape, squared or round, was anything more than a corporate thing.

Even so, these differences gave you a lot of choices. First, select the voltage. Second match the type of connector. If the catalogue at the parts house doesn't get you where you need to be, your next step may be some trial and error. If your wiring harness is in good shape, I doubt that careful trial and error will do any damage. No promise on that, but that's how I would do it.

Comment

Working...
        X