New speedometer gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speedometer gear

Hello i just finished visiting my local dodge dealer to ask if he had a reference to help me figure out what gear i need sense i changed from 4.88 to 3.73 gearing. The parts man infromed me that his book did not go back that far but he did give me a possible lead to a drive line shop that may be able to help. I went out and drove my truck and the best i can tell i am fifteen to eighteen miles per hour slower than it shows, one piece of information i have been looking for is the individual ratio's for my stock four speed in my 67 w200 truck any help would be greatly apperiated so i can begin to enjoy driving my truck. Thanks Rick Walker.:)

speedo gear

Rick- Not sure if this is how you want to do it, but you might get in touch with Deluxe in Denver. http://www.deluxespeedometer.com/
    On my 53, I changed my gearing from 5.83 to 4.89 and had the same problem. They made two cables for me with an adapter in between to adjust for the change. I simply sent the OEM cable which needed to be replaced anyway and they made the new one for me. It was all metal, not like the plastic replacements I've seen. Also had them rebuild my speedo and was very happy with the end result. I am sure there are other places as well, this in just the one I happened to find. They have been in business since 1932.
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Working...
    X