E-brake routing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-brake routing?

Hello all. My son and I have been rebuilding a 1975 club cab power wagon. We recently got the 1970 440HP, transmission and transfer case back in. The rear end mostly done but I have 2 problems. Problem 1 is I can not seem to locate a diagram for the E-brake cable routing. Problem 2 is we put our 8 inch lift in from the donor truck and it seems like The rear pinion is at a steep upward angle now. How steep is to steep, and how can it be corrected.

Best I recall the E-brake cable runs down the outside of the driver's side frame rail, until separating into 2 cables (one per wheel).

How did the lift change the pinion angle? Did you do some sort of shackle flip?

Bucky

Comment

Confused and frustrated.

Thank you for the reply. It looks like my main cable may join the 2 rear cables in the center of the frame above my gas tank but I am not sure of that. I am trying to get some diagrams from a local dodge dealer.
      As far as the pinion angle goes all we did was replace the old spring set up with the springs and blocks from the donor truck. Mine is a 1975 full time 4wd club cab, the lift came out of a 1973 part time 4wd standard cab I think the lift would be the same for both trucks but I am not sure. The biggest difference I see is my rear drive shaft is a 2 piece with a carrier bearing secured in the upper cross frame rail. I am wondering if I need to fabricate a spacer to lower it a little. I looked at the rear end again today I just don't remember the pinion pointing upward in the original spring set-up but maybe it was. This is a father son project that has turned in to more than I bargained for but I am not going to stop now. I would like to post a picture or 2 how can I do that.

Comment

Working...
      X