captive frame nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captive frame nut

A few weeks ago I was removing the left rear frame to fender L shaped bracket on my FFPW . when I removed one of the bolts that go into the frame the nut, which is pressed into the frame fell out on the ground. Question??? is there someplace that I can get this type of captive nut to replace the one that fell out ?????? I don't want to weld it back to the frame.... thanks Trapper

Imyself do not know where to get one of this size. I have welded them back in before. I will keep an eye out for these for you.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

...and does it really need replaced? Just because the nut fell out does't mean you cant re-use it when the bracket is re-installed.Once the bolt is tightened, that nut is right where it wants to be.

CD
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

thanks! Yeah, I thought unless I could find some replacements , that I would just have to use it back in the same hole it came out of..... but it would be nice to have a few laying around to use when ever I might need them.....thanks tho.... I have looked to see if I could find some , but I've only found really small sizes.....I'll still look for them sometime to see if I can find the larger sizes ...who knows in todays world.............

Comment

which style nut is it
          speed nut.jfif
          captured nut.jfif

Comment

Dorman is a leading supplier of original equipment dealer “exclusive” automotive replacement parts.

Comment

weird old dodge guy-------- its neither ....from inside the frame it looks like a regular nut, but has a sort of ring on the frame side that was pressed, or swaged into the frame... the ones that are still in the frame are holding tight, at least so far..

Comment

Working...
              X