Going rate on an M-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going rate on an M-37

Hello all, I am new to the site. I have been wanting a M-37 for many years. I am wondering what is the going rate of an M-37 these days? Many years ago when I didn't have any money to spare the going rate for one with a winch was $500 (rough running shape) to $2000 in really good unmolested shape.

A good deal is soley in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure the 500 dollar deals are still out there, but I've found that up here in Canada, the average for a complete truck starts around the 1500 mark, whether it runs or not, or is a basket case or not... I paid 3500 for mine, complete, running with a winch, and I'll still need to tear it down and go through everything.

Your own judgement will tell you if its a good deal or not.

Hope this helps...

Comment

i know it's kinda late in the post, but.....if you haven't bought one yet- you ,ight want to get ready. there is a lot of govt. grant money about to hit the volunteer fire depts. in this country and most if not all will be updating there fleets to newer trucks. there are a great deal of these trucks in the south used as brushtrucks and they will be getting phased out for newer modern vehicles and these m37's will be sold at great prices. most people would think with it being a former fire truck that it will be beatup and trashed but it is actually the opposite that is true. these things have to be ready at a moments notice and run dependable for hours on end. i recently bought one that was a former vfd truck and it is in very good shape, very little rust, very little...and all the system were in working order. one of the drawbacks is that if you are wanting to put it on the road as a daily driver type thing, it will have holes drilled in the body to mount lights and such. i didn't think this a big deal since i can weld and do paint and body as a hobby. mine is going to get the works done to it, it is going down to the frame and coming back to life with a 4bt cummins, nv4500 5 speed trans, and newer one ton axles with disc brakes. i have been packratting parts now for about 3 months and have been getting good stuff just by scrounging around. i would start with craigslist or even take a drive out to your local vfd and see what they have and if they will be replacing soon , or maybe they will know of neighboring depts that have trucks they will be replacing. good luck and i hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X