Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness

I am starting restoration on a 1954 M-37 my priority is the wiring harness. What are the best resources for wiring harnesses?? I am looking for a reliable driver not full perfect restoration. I found the guy in Maine. I am looking for experienced opinion.

I have read that the good harness is $750-. I consider myself a good truck wiring person. Thats a weeks pay and I still have to do the directionals and tail lights to get a sticker.

Your Input would be greatly appreciated

I believe you'll find plenty of recommendations for the guy in Maine. Correct wiring harnesses are plug and play, all numbers and connectors matching so you can't go wrong. You can certainly make your own harness, I made the one going to the back of my truck. You just need a bunch of black 14 gauge wire and whatever connectors you decide to use. There is just more effort involved in making your own.

Comment

Best Wiring Harness?

Channing,

Like "Gsmith" indicated, Vintage Wiring of Maine is the way to go!

I did my 63' M37 with their harness and it is a masterpiece of craftsmanship.

The hardest part was removing the old stiff existing harness.

All the wires are numbered, everything you need is included, and has a very good wiring diagram. It makes the job easy, just match the numbers!

Don't forget to have them add the turn signals to the harness wiring!

Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Comment

Midwest Military

Does anyone have experience with the harnesses from John at Midwest Military? Apparently a complete harness is only $550, but not sure if it includes wiring for turn signals, waiting to hear back from him.....

Comment

It is best to get a brand new one, rather than an old stock harness, as that old stock harness will have old insulation, which, as anyone can see, is what goes wrong with those harnesses.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I bought one years ago from a guy named Jeff Smith. He made new harnesses, and that was before the fellow in Maine.

Does anyone know what happened to Jeff Smith?
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

John's are listed as reproduction and not NOS I believe. I have heard about the problems with NOS wiring so I wouldn't consider it anyway. Thanks!

Comment

Good Question

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                I bought one years ago from a guy named Jeff Smith. He made new harnesses, and that was before the fellow in Maine.

Does anyone know what happened to Jeff Smith?
                I haven't heard about Jeff in minute, he used to be around all of the Forums & most of the swap meets in the south east too?

Comment

Working...
                X