M37 12volt??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 12volt??????

hey guys been awhile since i posted on here but i pulled the M37 out of the pasture this weekend and was getting everything ready to try and fire up the old flat head and got to looking at the generator and it said it was a 12 volt i could have swore these things were 24v am i just crazy??

Somebody swapped it to 12 volts. Was originally 24 volts. Is the rest of the truck converted over to 12 volts also?

Comment

w

How would I find that out it only has one set of battery cables

Comment

" How would I find that out it only has one set of battery cables "

Look at the starter, distributor and voltage regulator ID tags and see if any are 24 volt.

Comment

Originally posted by carter davidson View Post
          " How would I find that out it only has one set of battery cables "

Look at the starter, distributor and voltage regulator ID tags and see if any are 24 volt.
          t\
          yeah i just thought about what i posted it would still only have 1 set of cables cause i guess the batteries would be in series if they were both 12v....how would a 12v generator work with a 24v system?

Comment

A 12v generator or alternator won't charge the system, it needs something greater than 24v to work, like 28v.

Comment

ok that what i thought so its probably already been converted then because the guy I bought it off of was driving it until the clutchand pressure plate went out in it .......Ill go ahead and check it for safe measur though.....thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
              X