Have you seen this type heater??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen this type heater??

This heater was in the truck when I got it, just wondering if anyone has seen this type before.
    Attached Files

No, I have not, and it does not resemble anything that would have been original equipment. Not that such would be bad. Lots of folks outfit M-series trucks with other heaters.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Haven't seen that particular model either. I've had 2 M37's one without a heater and now my current one with heater. I think Gordon has hit the nail on the head, many heater units have been swapped in over the years. Does anyone have a picture of an orriginal M37 Heater for comparison?

Comment

Is that a "radiator" type heater or fully electric like some military ones?

Bucky

Comment

its the water heater type, the truck after its service in the military went to the county dump where there it was auctioned off for the county, 2 other owners and one was my wife's uncle and he did very little to the truck. So it must have been something the county put in it, the reason I ask is that it does fit quite nice with the truck. thanks for the imput.

Comment

Heater?

Does it work?
            I have a MUTT heater, still in the box, for my M-37, one of these days??

Comment

it did at one point. But in my younger days...he he....now that I am 26 and mabey just a little bit dumber....see when i got the truck I was thinkin I need to re-wire this thing, I cut all of the old wires out and threw them out and put one wire to run the ignition....no charging system...I kick myself in the rear for doing it knowing what I know now....but the old 24v gen still kicks out 28v at the reg so, for an original I think thats pretty good. As a matter a fact I just was riding around in the old girl, the family loves riding around in the truck.

Comment

If I am correct, the only heater that might have come with an M37 would have been mounted on the fender and it used gasoline ?

Comment

ok, thanks for the help, i appreaciate the help. I have started tearing the old girl apart, and found where they did a hack job where the heater lines go in.

Comment

Working...
                  X