M37B1 Spring Issue Right Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37B1 Spring Issue Right Side

I have a 1962 M37B1, that has been converted to a cargo bed spare tire carrier. I have been told that the there is a spacer between the axle and spring packs on the front and rear left side of the truck to compensate for the weight of the spare tire on the B1's. When looking at the truck from the rear, the right side of the cargo bed droops about an 1 1/2". I have been told that all I have to do to eliminate the droop is to remove the spacers on the spacers between the axle and spring pack. I was told they are not welded, so wen removed the truck will sit straight.

With that said, is this good information? Is there anything I need to be aware of with this process.

I appreciate your comments and expertise!

Len

Originally posted by leny828 View Post
    I have a 1962 M37B1, that has been converted to a cargo bed spare tire carrier. I have been told that the there is a spacer between the axle and spring packs on the front and rear left side of the truck to compensate for the weight of the spare tire on the B1's. When looking at the truck from the rear, the right side of the cargo bed droops about an 1 1/2". I have been told that all I have to do to eliminate the droop is to remove the spacers on the spacers between the axle and spring pack. I was told they are not welded, so wen removed the truck will sit straight.

With that said, is this good information? Is there anything I need to be aware of with this process.

I appreciate your comments and expertise!

Len
    This is correct, but it may or may not fix your problem completely. It is a good starting point. If the spacers are still in place on the left side, you can readily see them. Just pull the u-bolts, raise the frame enough to slip spacers out, be sure to properly align the dowels with the round center holes in the perch, reinstall and torque the u-bolt nuts. If some droop still exist, them you will need to address that issue.

Comment

Working...
    X