Helitool disc brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helitool disc brakes

So I was wondering what kinda improvement will I see with the disc brake kits front and rear. I remember my first M37 brakes were not so good but they prob needed some work.

Disc brakes apply much more braking force than drums, they aren't effected as much by water, heat, or fade.
    Drums are for musicians....= )

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
      Drums are for musicians....= )
      So then Disc's would be for Players?! :)

Rush, your front brakes would greatly improve with discs, as they do about 80% of the work when stopping the truck. Rear disc's are great, but if money is tight just do the fronts, as that will give you the greatest bang for your buck.

Comment

Start with the Fronts

I did all 4 wheels because at the time I could afford. Nor did I have any experience rebuilding the knuckles. Both, thanks to the M37's for Dummies original manuals and sites like this, were very easy to figure out and do.

Start with the Front wheels. If you feel you need more down the road, you can do the rears.

Comment

I've already purchased two sets, I haven't been home to send the hubs with the rings down to the guy who machines and welds them up yet. I'll be getting them sent off some time in Nov. when I'm home for a couple weeks. Just wondering how much better over stock they will be. Oh and the wife just had the UPS man drop off the ARB!!!

Comment

I did all four wheels on the M based on how I was going to use the truck. On the 46 PW I'm currently in the middle of putting Disc on the front only. The next step is to pull the differential out of the axle, as I already have everything else apart.

Side note, the NOS Axles for the front of my M just arrived, so I'm switching projects again, the 46 work will slow down again.
            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
            X