M Series Electrical connector Pliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Series Electrical connector Pliers

What model are the crimping pliers for making the male bullet connections on the 14 gauge M Series electrical wires? Where can I get a pair.

Thanks

R

Star Electric

We are talking Douglas (metal shells) Connectors right, not Packhard (rubber)? I don't remember the tools name, but I bought one from him at Aberdeen a couple'a few years ago, I look this evening and give you a shout back as to it's name.

Comment

rubber/metal shell connectors

I think it is the same tool. The male connector is the same for the metal shell and rubber connectors, I think?

Comment

The one I have is marked " Douglas Div. The Scott & Fetzer Co. Bronson Mich. "

Bruce, how much did you pay for yours?

Comment

Brain F@rt

39 or 40$ as I recall, I am going to the shop right now to check the name!
          Buchanan is one name, the one that workx best just says DOUGLASS DIV.
          The Buchanan Crimper was an epay purchase, looked right in the pics, didn't fit the Doug connectors.
          8 bucks shot to heck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post
            I think it is the same tool. The male connector is the same for the metal shell and rubber connectors, I think?
            That's my understanding too. I've swapped rubber connectors for metal and the crimped part seemed the same.

Comment

Douglas Crimpers

Figured I'd post a pic of where I am now. Swapping Packhard for Douglas connectors & trying to figure out the #'s for the Goat lamps.
              Attached Files

Comment

M Series wire #'s

Bruce,

This site helped me when using goat and M998 electrical parts

http://olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php3

R

Comment

I Could'a Had A V8

I have had that link for almost 8 years, I never scrolled down!! I went everywhere w/ it, but NEVER scrolled down.
                  Thanks Rodney, Sid was compiling some info for me, but this will put me ahead of the curve! I guess I'm getting old?

Comment

Douglass connectors...

I'm currently removing the wiring harness from my 53 M37 (Its in poor shape and heading for the garbage can) should I be saving any of these connectors? Does anyone want them? I have a new harness to go into the truck so I won't be reusing any of the original electrical components and such...

Comment

#'s

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      I guess I'm getting old?
                      Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Fer Sure

Originally posted by MasterYota View Post
                        I'm currently removing the wiring harness from my 53 M37 (Its in poor shape and heading for the garbage can) should I be saving any of these connectors? Does anyone want them? I have a new harness to go into the truck so I won't be reusing any of the original electrical components and such...
                        They are worth some bucks, not sure how much though. I'm looking for some of the doubles, male & female, got any to spare?

Comment

Crimper

To set or crimp the Douglas or metal type connectors it's best to use the military type crimper made by Douglas. However I have used a Buchanan 4-indent crimper. I believe the number of this tool is C-24. Home Depot sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                            They are worth some bucks, not sure how much though. I'm looking for some of the doubles, male & female, got any to spare?
                            A whole trucks worth... I won't be re-using them at all, or probably any other part of the electrical system save for the external lighting. Send me a PM and we can work something out...

Comment

Still Interested

PM Sent, could be some customs issues?

Comment

Working...
                              X