New made frt axle CV joint source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New made frt axle CV joint source?

I wonder what number of pieces would be required to make a production run for the old Dodges?:
    http://www.rcvperformance.com/
    From what I could find they seem to have a decent reputation on some of the other 4x4 boards. They also make some parts for Volvo C303 axles, and that is a small market, so perhaps they make consider our market.

Their motto is "Simply Unbreakable". How true do you think that is?

Comment

NEW MADE??? Rzeppa - Discuss in WWII Forum

The Rzeppa joint was used in some of the WWII half-ton Dodges. It is discussed in TM 9-1808C, Power Trains and Interchanges: Military / Civilian Trucks, 1941 to 1971 (Dodge) by John Zentmyer. The other types were the Bendix-Weiss and the Tracta.

" e) Discussion. Of the three types, by far the strongest is the Rzeppa. It is also the most expensive. It is used on some modern front-wheel drive cars, such as the Oldsmobile and Cadillac. The other two types are adequate for most situations, but for high-strength applications, such as V-8 conversions, the Rzeppa should be used. It is also interesting to note that the short axle section between the bell and the outer splines in the 3/4-ton truck Rzepa joint is slightly larger in diameter than is the corresponding inner axle shaft; therefore, the axle shaft, which is the least expensive to manufacture, will break first (assuming that anything is going to break), thus protecting the more expensive (and rare) Rzeppa outer unit."

My comment - the "modern" cars were the Olds Toronado and Cadillac Eldorado, built in the mid-sixties through the early eighties. Zentmyer was published in 1981.

Comment

Working...
      X