Carter b&b problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter b&b problem

Hello , I just picked up a nice 53 M37.It seems to be in fair condition.
    It starts right up but if too much gas pedal is given it stalls.
    I figure its the accelerator pump. The truck has a Carter BB with the vacuum accelerator pump.
    I removed the carb lid and worked the pump by hand. Gas squirts out of a small drill hole at the rear of the accelerator jet near where the screw cap is. If I put my finger on the drill hole the gas then squirts out in the carb throat as it should.
    Can anyone tell me if that hole should be pluged? was this carb never right?
    I have a real good close up picture of the jet and the questionable hole but My internet system is giving me fits trying to set up a url. I can email anyone that can help a photo
    Thank you
    Alan in the wilds of N.central Pa.

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
    Hello , I just picked up a nice 53 M37.It seems to be in fair condition.
    It starts right up but if too much gas pedal is given it stalls.
    I figure its the accelerator pump. The truck has a Carter BB with the vacuum accelerator pump.
    I removed the carb lid and worked the pump by hand. Gas squirts out of a small drill hole at the rear of the accelerator jet near where the screw cap is. If I put my finger on the drill hole the gas then squirts out in the carb throat as it should.
    Can anyone tell me if that hole should be pluged? was this carb never right?
    I have a real good close up picture of the jet and the questionable hole but My internet system is giving me fits trying to set up a url. I can email anyone that can help a photo
    Thank you
    Alan in the wilds of N.central Pa.
    Send the photo. mseriesrebuild@windstream.net

Comment

Working...
    X