No announcement yet.

M-37 Cab dimensions desperately sought!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-37 Cab dimensions desperately sought!

Hi Guys,

I’m obviously a fresh new member here but I am a big M-37 fan. I'm a freelance writer currently in college, but in my spare time I like to tinker with customizing old trucks as a side business. I am currently planning on fabricating a pseudo-M-37 truck cab. However, exhaustive research has yet to yield me with the dimensions I need for the cab. I have included a picture and indicated the dimensions I need.
    In addition to finding the values for w,x,y, and z in the diagram, I also need to know the radius of the curve on the back of the cab (so I can set a slip roll to the right setting). If the radius isn’t known, then putting a framing square against the side and back of the cab and measuring from the intersection point (center)of the square to the center of the cab back’s curve (in inches) will also let me calculate the radius of the curve.
    If I can impose upon an M-37 owner to provide me with these dimensions at their earliest convenience I will be most appreciative! I’ll post pictures if anyone’s interested once I start the project. I’m hoping I won’t get flamed for wanting to build a mock-M-37 and not being a purist; it’s really because I can’t afford an original at this time and my project only requires a cab. Thanks in advance everyone!

Here's the diagram with the dimensions I'm in need of:

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
    X