Gas Tank Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Tank Straps

The four straps I have for the tank are different (2 sets). The diagram in the manual indicates they are the same although I've not looked up the P/N's. One set is beefy with a threaded insert on one end, the other less solid and they have a 1/4 twist on one and then a threaded end which I works when slotted through the front tank cross member.

Have I got the right set? In mock up it's the smaller straps that work underneath, which is counter intuitive. You'd think the beefy guy's would support from underneath. Anyone have a picture I can use for reference? Also, is it practical to R&R the sending and pickup units while I'm doing the frame off? Seemed to work fine when it was running.

Correcto-Mundo

Same as mine, check the bed pic's in my last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
      The four straps I have for the tank are different (2 sets). The diagram in the manual indicates they are the same although I've not looked up the P/N's. One set is beefy with a threaded insert on one end, the other less solid and they have a 1/4 twist on one and then a threaded end which I works when slotted through the front tank cross member.

Have I got the right set? In mock up it's the smaller straps that work underneath, which is counter intuitive. You'd think the beefy guy's would support from underneath. Anyone have a picture I can use for reference? Also, is it practical to R&R the sending and pickup units while I'm doing the frame off? Seemed to work fine when it was running.
      I wouldn't worry about the sending unit or tank pickup because they are easy to access in the M37, I would definitely check out the cleanliness of the tank and the evidence of rust and corrrosion. Once you put this back together and find there is a problem you will kick yourself for not checking it out when it was all apart

Frank.

Comment

Thanks Frank. The tank has some patches on it and the interior look's like it was coated with some sort of protective gunk. It has a rough texture to it, It doesn't look like rust or corrosion and it doesn't flake off at all so I'm assuming that was done when the tank was patched.

Comment

Coatings

I think the coating should be very smooth, mine was red & clear.

Comment

Working...
          X