Carter bb kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter bb kit ?

Not to be a malcontent but ,,,I ordered a rebuild kit for the carb. and gave the fellow all the info about the carb.
    He said ,"no problem we have that".
    I placed an order. One month later it finally shows up, Yahoo now I can get it running.
    It truns out the only parts that were usable were the gaskets and the plugs and the check balls.
    The accelerator plunger was way shorter than the old one and fell into the pump body without hitting either side. The float bowl valve had the wrong size fitings.
    The idle mixture adjustment screw was about twice as long as it should have been and was a very loose fit.
    I would have done better on EBAY.

For what that kit probably cost,I would have the vendor whom ever they are, make it right or refund my expense.
    Carb and Kit's are covered here a lot,a quick search of the archives should reveal a lot of information.
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

The place is in Alberta Canada. They do have a good web site for info on carbs but the actual kit they sell , not so good.
      Looking at posts on this site I see a lot of controversy about the length of the accelerator plunger and what spring to use.
      The original one I have is about 2 1/2 inches long. The one in the kit was at least an inch shorter and did not come with a spring. If I used the original spring on the new plunger it would be almost coil to coil and very hard to suck up by vacuume.
      On the good side I did get the carb finished and up and running and Lo and Behold it started right up and only needed a tiny adjustment of the idle speed , lucky me.

Upon reinstaling it I noticed that the manafold where the carb bolted up there were what looked like 4 small bolts in a square patteren that had been cut off flush with the top of the manifold. Wondering if the Carter BB was an up grade from some carb with a square base , maybe a Zenith ? Or has this manifold been Frankinsteined from an older truck and modified with the Carter? What ever happened it works OK so far.

Comment

Working...
      X