Gas tank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank question

Ran out of gas,,,shame on me. Put 4 gallons in , truck would not start for love nor money.
    Removed gas line from carb ,,no gas pumping up.
    Ended up removing the inspection panel in bed and removed the odd little metal thing with the small steel line on it that sits just in front of the fuel outlet and sending unit plate and blew compresed air into the tank to force gas up an to the pump. It worked.

What is the little metal cap with what looks like a diaphragm in it and a steel line that runs down along the gas line. Is it some sort of thing hooked up to the maze of pipes and valves for fording?

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
    Ran out of gas,,,shame on me. Put 4 gallons in , truck would not start for love nor money.
    Removed gas line from carb ,,no gas pumping up.
    Ended up removing the inspection panel in bed and removed the odd little metal thing with the small steel line on it that sits just in front of the fuel outlet and sending unit plate and blew compresed air into the tank to force gas up an to the pump. It worked.

What is the little metal cap with what looks like a diaphragm in it and a steel line that runs down along the gas line. Is it some sort of thing hooked up to the maze of pipes and valves for fording?
    It is the tank vent for the fording system.

Comment

A-Ha I thought so, thanks.
      It was a lesson learned,,,dont run out of gas.

Comment

Working...
      X