Plowing snow with my M37, pix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plowing snow with my M37, pix.

We had a couple of feet of snow Friday and Satuday and took a couple of shots of my rig doing some plow work in my driveway, no salt!

Plow and mount in Webshots album: http://news.webshots.com/album/107174178eboNqm

Looks like you guys got hammered with snow and the M is doing a great job cleaning it up. Keep'em rolling.

Comment

Looking good

Looking good Carter! How are the NDTs working in the snow?

Frank

Comment

The snow depth here was about 2' but difficult to measure due to drifting, every couple of years we get something like this and I get to play with the truck in it. The NDTs are OK for doing low speed plowing but aren't much good for highway driving or stopping on slick roads but all I plow are driveways in my neighborhood and don't go on the highways at all. No salt on the driveways.

Comment

similar bumper

Comment

similar bumper

Comment

Nice orig. M37, looks like a B1, intresting right side rear view mirror, was it on the truck when you got it? Judging by the USA numbers it was a M42 at one time.

Comment

Nice photos

Carter,

Would you please email photos of your plow setup. I see them online, but would like larger copies to examine closely. Thanks

Rodney

wc57@comcast. net

Comment

Ok. but it may take a couple of days because I am doing some picture downloads for Gordon that I promised him several weeks ago.

Comment

December storm.........

was a good one for our area. Thanks for posting those Carter. I'm sure the neighbors were glad to see you coming. I still have a little of that snow on the ground which is very unusual.

Comment

Thanks Warren

It's not often the truck gets a workout in deep snow and yes the neighbors love to see the plow show up. It does the work and I get the thank you comments and once in a while a cake from a greatful homeowner, but today it got new shoes as a thanks from me.

Comment

NDT suck in really deep snow unless you are off roading or going real slow. Same performance on ice, that is no performance at all.

Solution? Sure. M-37's are bullet proof with chains. A hassle to put them on but worth it on ice or deep snow. Of course, you are talking to a guy who used chains all the time in Korea when I just went to the motor pool and said "Slap some chains on "my" M-37".

I've had personal M-37's since 1977 and never got around to chains. The truck just sat with ice and really deep snow.

Great fun off roading in deep snow........

TTT

Comment

I have had M37s since 1972 and have chains but never used them, where I drive the roads are already plowed, by me. That's what the snow plow is for.

Comment

I've had two MV's with plows (a M-715 and a 1 1/2 ton 4 x 4 Chevy) and both, when I bought them, were beat trucks from plowing. I couldn't find anyone interested in the plow and setup so I junked them, when I restored both trucks.

My opinion, for what it's worth (as a collector), is that a plow just doesn't pay due to the damage you can do to the truck by plowing.

Nothing against your truck, it looks great, but for plowing, I'll take a cheap snow blower and save the drive train on the M-37.

TTT

Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X