1953 NP 420 swap-out 1968 D-300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 NP 420 swap-out 1968 D-300

I have a low mileage 1953 M-37 which needs a sleeve, e.g. wrist pin drifted. Army & 2nd owner tried to tune-out the miss. They advanced the timing and/or turned-in screws on the carb. Then parked it for 28 years. When I pull the engine, I'd like to rebuild the trans, as there are two in the bed with histories unknown? I saw an add in Special Interest for D-300 4 speed and believe it has one more blocker ring or syncro. I sell Muncies, T-10's and Top Loaders under r.states on E-Bay, and have some knowledge. Picture 2 on Item number:190360537842 shows the M-37. M-101 trailer was attached.

I'm primarily armor or Ontos. Towards the end, 1968/69 1st A-T's, then 1st Tanks, ran the Dodge PC, 24/7. Impressive to see an M-37 climb steep slopes toward plateau's, where the 5 ton turbo Kaisers would spin 10 wheels, and slide backwards. This was the monsoons.

I like to swap the gears, shafts and sliders. Any sources for American made gears?

Originally posted by Reverend ONTOS View Post
    I have a low mileage 1953 M-37 which needs a sleeve, e.g. wrist pin drifted. Army & 2nd owner tried to tune-out the miss. They advanced the timing and/or turned-in screws on the carb. Then parked it for 28 years. When I pull the engine, I'd like to rebuild the trans, as there are two in the bed with histories unknown? I saw an add in Special Interest for D-300 4 speed and believe it has one more blocker ring or syncro. I sell Muncies, T-10's and Top Loaders under r.states on E-Bay, and have some knowledge. Picture 2 on Item number:190360537842 shows the M-37. M-101 trailer was attached.

I'm primarily armor or Ontos. Towards the end, 1968/69 1st A-T's, then 1st Tanks, ran the Dodge PC, 24/7. Impressive to see an M-37 climb steep slopes toward plateau's, where the 5 ton turbo Kaisers would spin 10 wheels, and slide backwards. This was the monsoons.

I like to swap the gears, shafts and sliders. Any sources for American made gears?
    I believe Vintage Power Wagons would have any gears or transmission parts you needed. http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend ONTOS View Post

Try www.jobrated.com
      John

Comment

Working...
      X