m 37 lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m 37 lift kit

I found a 4bt for my m37. I need to lift the suspension 3-4". Does anyone make a kit or can I use an existing kit? thanks, John

New HD or re-arched springs.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Re-Arch the springs

I'm not putting a BT in my M but I had the springs reached to add 2.5"-3" both front and rear. When I compare these springs to my donor M, the donor's springs are as flat as a pancake. Of course the new springs are only supporting the frame at this point but I would re - arch before I would start adding blocks etc...

Comment

Anyone ever try the front springs from a v41 telephone truck? I believe they have 12 leaves as opposed to the M's 7. I would think they'd be a direct bolt in.

Comment

I think the heavier weight of the bt engine and need to add 3-4" will require more than re-arching. I think adding more leaves would add height but make the spring travel too stiff for off road travel.

Comment

I did add sheaves to the pack

I forgot to mention that I did add sheaves (Leaves?) to the pack when they were re-arched. Don't remember how many but I could go count.

Comment

Originally posted by jeck2323 View Post
              I found a 4bt for my m37. I need to lift the suspension 3-4". Does anyone make a kit or can I use an existing kit? thanks, John
              Click the link

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmapl...22l1.penguin_s

This gentleman done a 4BT M37 swap.
              Numerous others too. Look around while your there.
              Top of his page click "Home" for his other projects. after you look at his "M".
              He's done awesome work.
              TGP
              WDX & Misc. Pics.
              http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
              "47" Dodge WDX WW
              "52" Dodge M-37 WW
              "54" Willys M38A1
              "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
              "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
              "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
              "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
              "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
              "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Still looking to lift the M37

I just finished lifting mine yesterday. I happened accrossed a set of F350 rear springs, which are a 1/4 in wider. I re used the top spring from the M37 and then continued to add springs until the truck was lifted to the proper height. I tried to set it up to allow flex (by skipping some springs) but still have enough to avoid the collosion factor. What I got was what I was looking for, however, I had to remove the lower mount on the passenger side of the axle and weld on a different on that I fabbed out of some flat stock. All and all, its lifted, stronger, and it didn't cost me a thing out of pocket. I had the steel laying around, and the springs were on their way to the junkyard. I rescued them and put them into service. Bottom line, some creative thinking and some springs laying around,..... The truck is almost done. Just have to install a fuel tank and fix the brakes...... The 4bt runs great. Hope the tranny does.....

Comment

Working...
                X