Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Seatbelts in a M37

Hello,

I am looking to install 3 sets of lap belts in my M37. Can anyone recommend what legnth belts to get, hardware kits needed and mounting points. My though is that bolting to the floor is the way to go.

Thanks!

Jim

Garbee talks about it on his website. This is also on my list - so many things so little time.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos33.htm

Jim

Comment

I used the Andover company materials and are happy with them, they appear to be very good quality.
      If you click on the Andover website listed from Cabell Garbee's link, you can see what they have including hardware. I used the large captive nut bolsters they sell to back up the cab floor.
      It helps to call them on the phone and discuss whta you want to do after looking at their selection on line.

Comment

Hey Doc Dave
        Did you just use the lap belt or did you try one of the shoulder belts?

Jim

Comment

It was with my closed cab civilian PW. I did install shoulder belts; I welded in a verticle piece of angle iron up the door post behind the shoulder of the person where the shoulder belt would attach, and welded in a nut on this angle iron for the bolt that attaches the swivel for the shoulder belt.
          I do not know how you would do it on an M37, unless you used a hard top and built up a steel bolster that went up behind the door on the side, like I did with the civi.
          I am not sure what I will do with my M37 when I start that project. It will have lap belts for sure, but am unsure as to the shoulder, as I would like to still have my soft top option.

Comment

Working...
          X