M37 to Hardtop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 to Hardtop question

I am new to the forum and power wagons/m37s in general but i was looking for a closed cab power wagon when i found this M37 that had been rotting away for over 20 years in the woods. i was curious if it was even possible to put an actual dodge truck cab on one of these and use the existing fenders etc. thanks (I hope this isnt something that will get me harrassed to bad on here) i mainly mess with muscle car era dodges and some get their underwear in a bunch if you want to change something out on those.

lots of options

There is a factory metal hardtop for the M37's ( sliding rectangular rear window) often called an Arctic top.
    There are a few trucks that have a hardtop from the GMC deuce adapted onto them (oval rear window)
    Also there are companies offering fiberglass versions of the rectangle window tops that are still in production (Mseries rebuild)
    Lastly I have seen some hard tops fabricated by forming sheetmetal around the original soft top bows and welding to the windshield...not the best option but it works for some.....

Comment

I was more curious to see if any one had ever actually put a regular truck style cab on one or if it was even feasible, i ended up with this m37 and was looking for a more of a powerwagon body.

Comment

Going from pictures and memory alone, I don't belive the front clips are swapable between the M37 and FFPW. I belive the M37 cab is wider, as it was a 3 man cab, and the PW wasn't - at least it won't fit any 3 men that I know!

However, I'm sure that any enterprising induvidual could swap anything over given enough time, effort, frustration, and drawing pads. A factory short box powerwagon would be rather unique and cool. It might just be easier to leave the M37 alone, or just use the frame and driveline and swap a Civy cab and clip onto it.

Comment

An easier solution would be to simply install the Fiberglass M-37 hard top VPW carries... As a closed civilian type cab like WDX /WM 300 is not compatible in anyway shape or form without many hours of skilled (read expen$ive) fabrication labor.

Hope this helps

Jens

Comment

Working...
          X