Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 - New Guy

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Chris by the way, and just found this great website. I recently took charge of a 1953 M37, from my father and will be using this beast as my first major rebuild. Last time I saw her she ran and was in fairly good shape (70-80%) with a poor rattle can paint job.

Anyway, right now I am trying to find a place to store and work on her over the next couple of years. Hopefully some place closer than the 2 hour drive to my parents place. A little background on me: I'm a 32yr old Structural Engineer that served 9yrs in the ARMY National Guard, I currently work for the ARMY Corps of Engineers, the military is an important part of my life as well as my families (we have served in every major confilict since the Revolutionary War).

Thinking this build would make a nice vehicle to represent the Army Corps of Engineers, and the Emergency Responce Team I am a member of, in parrades and fuctions with local schools.

For my build I have the following in mind:
    Engine Swap (Cummings 4BT) or similar.
    Upgrade the drive train (would love to find a good donor vehicle with both engine and tranny).
    Wood Flat-bed with 18" high picket rails (nice red oak dad has been seasoning?)
    Red Cab and Black: fenders, bumpers, exposed undercarrige, etc.

Any help or advice would be great! I look forward to reading more about your guys projects and input on my own.

C.

Check out the photo/client pages on our website below, may be of interest.

Comment

Charles

Thanks for the reminder, I check out your guys page and have been emailing you some questions about subbing out some of the work. I am hoping to head down to the parents place this weekend and get some pictures and remind myself of what the actual shape the M37 is in.

Do you know if anyone has tried a late 60's Slant 6 swap with the M3?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrunk View Post
        Charles

Thanks for the reminder, I check out your guys page and have been emailing you some questions about subbing out some of the work. I am hoping to head down to the parents place this weekend and get some pictures and remind myself of what the actual shape the M37 is in.

Do you know if anyone has tried a late 60's Slant 6 swap with the M3?

C.
        Yeh, I recognized the name after I sent the post.

We have not done a slant 6 install here, however I have read somewhere of 1 or 2 being installed. No idea how well it worked out or performed in comparision to the original.

Comment

Congratulations on acquiring the truck! Just as a point of interest, there are two of these decals on my M-37's doors:

Comment

Originally posted by pwrwagonfire View Post
            Congratulations on acquiring the truck! Just as a point of interest, there are two of these decals on my M-37's doors:

Those are nice, I am thinking I will use a couple of our magnetic emergency operations signs.

C.

Comment

Working...
            X