Need help finding a Radiator Guard Support please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a Radiator Guard Support please

Does anyone know where I can get a left radiator guard support (2510-737-4730) for my M37? The previous owner took a cutting torch to the one on the truck now for some reason. A big rectangular hole has been cut in it. THANKS guys!

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1556672060.html

Here's a link to comeone in the Houston, Tx area who advertises on craigslist M-37 parts. Doesn't have what you inquired about listed, but it couldn't hurt to call & ask.

Bucky

Comment

A cut-out was part of installing a 100 amp generator on M42 radio trucks and was likely done by the using unit's mechanic. I have two trucks that have that modification and just left them as they were. I have seen the holes cut with a torch as well as drilled and like the flame cut ones, like the drilled holes were left as done and not dressed or cleaned up in any way. I guess the idea was "That's good enough for government work"

Comment

Easy repair

I've seen a bunch of these holes on trucks with the 100 amp system, all were just like Carter described, no frills, just do it. We have repaired many by cutting the rough edges to a square opening, simply fabricating a patch panel of appropriate size, and welding it in. Tig is the best welding process to use as you can control heat and thus metal distortion much better. With minimal clean up and a slight skinning of body filler, you will never imagine the hole was there.

Comment

Working...
        X