power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering

I put power steering on the M37 (suks to get old) and I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with oversteering. It tends to wobble when I go down the road. I am going to get it aligned, but was wondering if anyone has put a stabilizer on their truck and how?

I believe the caster is set up differently on vehicles with and without power steering.

Comment

Find the problem issues and fix them

We have installed power steering on many M37's, never the first issue.

The best policy when adding power steering is to rebuild everything related at the same time, drag link ends, tie rod ends, steering knuckles, wheel bearings, front suspension, etc. Also be certain tires are of good quality, balanced properly and running true. Any loose motion that may be present in these areas is only MAGNAFIED with power steering. I would strongly advise against a steering stabilizer, that would be only a band-aid at best if it did any good at all. You need to find and fix the problems at hand. My best advice is this; you know that issues exist that are causing this problem, if it were mine I would take the truck off the road till I could go through the system, see where the issues are and get it rebuilt. I don't know what power steering system you have installed, but will add this, be certain the components you are using are properly installed and up to the task of standing the pressure on a truck of this type and weight. Also be sure the toe-in is set correctly. Caster and camber are fixed settings, non adjustable. If wear is present, these specs are off of the intended settings as a result. If the entire system is built up to new specs, it will work great with a good power steering set up.

Comment

alignment

Thank you guys for the input. I had the alignment done yesterday but the shop guys were having so much fun driving it that I did not get a chance to yet! When I do, I will check all that was suggested. I will not look any further for a stabilizer and will double check everything. Got to wait for it to warm up to get back in the shop.

Comment

Working...
        X