Troop Seats & Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop Seats & Bows

Anyone got a set of troop seats and bows for '53 M-37 WW?

Are you looking for the entire seat assy or just the steel parts?

Comment

Troop Seats & Bows

I'd prefer the entire set if pricing isn't too high. Otherwise, I can cut the wood parts even though they are odd sizes. Thanks. Steve

Comment

I have the steel parts for the benches that came with the truck but not the wood.

I ordered bow corners and got all 6 brand new then found that there were bow corners in the bottom of the crate with the bench parts.

The bow corners are after market stuff and have the bolt holes drilled from top to bottom or from outside to inside however you want to look at it.

I know what you mean about the wood being sort of an odd size. You cant just go by some lumber and pop it in.
        Typical Army stuff. Its like the bolts on the truck, every one seems to be fine thread.

I am not going to use the seats or the new bows so if you are interested let me know and I will send you some good photos of the stuff. Maybe we can make a deal.

Alan in North Central Pa.

Comment

There is a reason

Fine thread bolts are less prone to loosening from vibration, bouncing around etc. That's why they are used everywhere.

Comment

Troop Seats & Bows

Yeah, I agree about fine threads. There are other advantages as well, especially sheer strenght because neither nut or bolt is cut deep but you still have the same overall thread contact surface.

Let me understand about troop seats. You aren't going to use the seats, seat back, the frames, the jump seat, nor the bows?

Of course, I'm interested. Also, I have a "B" model parts truck that runs. No bed, fuel tank defective, cab in rough shape.

Comment

I am using the vertical sections that make up the back rest. They will serve as sort of a stake body for the truck.

The parts I am not going to use are the folding legs for the troop benches.
              There are 4 folding supports and 2 center supports.
              All of the folding supports and the center supports are brand new original grade steel with zero rust.

The steel bow corners are new also and have never been used. The bow corners look like reproductions and have the bolt holes running from outside to inside.

I do not have the jump seat parts.
              I can send you photos by Email if you want.
              I am not looking to get rich on the deal so if you want them you are wellcome to them.
              I have seen a set on Vintage Power wagons site for around $25 each for the legs and $20 each for the center supports. I would be happy with half that plus UPS costs.
              The bow corners I will let go for $20 for all six.

Comment

Seat Parts

If J Stephen is not interested in the parts I will take them. I have been looking for a set of bow corners and the seat steel parts for my M37.
                Please feel free to contact me at MVpile@bendbroadband.com or 541-410-7443.

Steve McGinnis

Comment

Troop Seats & Bows

Hey, Alan--did you sell the parts? I never heard anything from you but am still interested. Steve

Comment

Uh Oh,
                    I got the impression you were not interested when I said I was not selling the side posts and did not have the jump seat nor the wood parts.
                    I'm sorry but I have struck a deal with another person.
                    I hope there are no bad feelings. I never thought the parts were so popular.
                    I did reply on 5/9 with a price etc.

Once again I'm sorry about any mix up.

Comment

Troop Seats and Bows?

All is not lost! Both Vintage Power Wagon and Snake River 4X4 have parts.

Go forth and HUNT!

Comment

Working...
                      X