Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Leaking Oil

Hello,
    I have been chasing oil leaks on the drivers side of the engine. During longer drives oil would bolw out the dipstick where it enters the block, the oil fill tube where it enters the block and the disributor where it enters the block. I have fixed the dip stick and oil fill tube and checked all the vent lines.I still have oil coming out of the distributor hole

The engine was converted to 12 volt so the distributor is not the original nor is the carb set up. I ran a hose from the oil fill tube to the aircleaner to vent the crank case.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jim
    1953 M37

Originally posted by jimvran View Post
    Hello,
    I have been chasing oil leaks on the drivers side of the engine. During longer drives oil would bolw out the dipstick where it enters the block, the oil fill tube where it enters the block and the disributor where it enters the block. I have fixed the dip stick and oil fill tube and checked all the vent lines.I still have oil coming out of the distributor hole

The engine was converted to 12 volt so the distributor is not the original nor is the carb set up. I ran a hose from the oil fill tube to the aircleaner to vent the crank case.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jim
    1953 M37
    There should be a thick gasket (about 3/16" thick) that fits into the block bore where the distributor slides in. Most times it will come out with the distributor when it is pulled. You will notice a small oil drain back hole at the bottom edge of the distributor bore in the block. Sounds like you may be missing the gasket or possibly the drain back hole may be plugged.

Comment

Charles,
      Great! I will pull the distributor and see if the gasket is there and clean the drain hole.
      Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X