M37 motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 motor mounts

After removing the engine I found that some one at some time replaced the rear motor mounts with whatever they had in their odds and ends box.
    There was a collection of odd steel washers and an equally odd assortment of rubber things that looked like they were cut out from an old tire.

Looking on line to try and figure out what should be there is not working well.
    I looked at Vitage Power Wagons site and they show at least 5 different mounts. I did find one other site that used some springs etc.
    So all in all I found about six different kinds of mounts .

There were two rubber items on my truck that looked the same so I am thinking they may be part of what I need.
    The two square rubber items have a section in the center that a bolt could pass through with rubber sleeves to insulate it from the frame.
    That was all that was there that looked like the right stuff.
    Anyone have any clues as to what should be there?

Thank you

The rubber you described sounds right, but you might as well contact Midwest Military and get new ones plus there are metal pads with sleeves that you need. John should be able to supply you with all you need.

Comment

I will try calling them. Thank you.
      I figured the rubber parts belonged but I was unclear as to what else should be there so I called Vintage Power wagon. I told the fellow what I was doing but he seemed reluctant to give out any adivse as to what else I needed .
      I ordered the pads and they are here now.
      I guess dealers have some relutance to telling you what to buy in case its wrong. I cant blame them for that seeing as how there seems to be so many options.
      I figure if I get close to what should be on there it will be better than the Rube Goldberg set up that was there.

Comment

"Anyone have any clues as to what should be there? "

Comment

Perfect.
          Thank you very much. Is that picture from a book you have or off the internet?

Comment

You are welcome. The picture was from an orig. manual, TM 9-8030, Operation and Organizational Maintenance 3/4 Ton 4x4 Cargo truck, M37.....

Comment

Ha , Just my luck. I have TM9-8031-2 . It is a good manual but not as good as yours. In the one I have it just tells you "remove motor mount bolts and mounts".
              It shows a picture of the engine and a small circle around the area where the mount bolt is.
              Thanks again, a picture is worth...well you know.

Comment

Working...
              X