Carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb questions

so i got a new carb kit for my ball carb and we started to break it down. Can anyone tell if the little ball bearing is in the right spot, also is this gap/slit supposed to be there? it looks rough on the outside like it was split. then the last pic. Is there supposed to be oil inside this part and what does it do, and would you have a pic of it assembled?

Sean
    Attached Files

The check ball is in the wrong place

You have the check ball in the wrong place, it goes about 2mm to the right in the round hole (you have it in the slot) and gets held in place by the snap ring.

Once in place it should not fall out if you turn the car upside down.

The split is supposed to be there.

Comment

The housing you were holding is the speed governor.
      It is not filled with oil but it looks like some one was in there and removed some important parts.
      The way it is the truck will run like an ill natured camel.
      It looks like the original seal is still on the cap.
      just wondering if you took the parts off to remove the unit.

Comment

The parts that are missing from the governor housing would have had to be removed in order to get to the stage of disassembly shown in your photo. Do you not have the parts that were removed in order to separate the housing? Yes the split you mentioned is supposed to be there.

Comment

yes i still have the parts that were inside. there was probably 2 tablespoons of oil inside when we popped the cover off, any idea how that may have happened?

sean

Comment

Working...
          X