Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T245 cylinder sleeve installation

Hi all.

I am refreshing my tired T245 from my '51 M37. When I pulled the head I saw that the engine had cylinder sleeves installed. (Military depot rebuild in Septembet 1973) What I also noticed was that the sleeves are not flush with the top of the block - they extend about .05 above the top of the block. Is that correct? Surely this would cause a problem with the head gasket?

I was under the impressing that if sleeves were installed they had to be flush with the top of the block. Any advice on this?

Thanks for any replies.
    Louis

Originally posted by asstor View Post
    Hi all.

I am refreshing my tired T245 from my '51 M37. When I pulled the head I saw that the engine had cylinder sleeves installed. (Military depot rebuild in Septembet 1973) What I also noticed was that the sleeves are not flush with the top of the block - they extend about .05 above the top of the block. Is that correct? Surely this would cause a problem with the head gasket?

I was under the impressing that if sleeves were installed they had to be flush with the top of the block. Any advice on this?

Thanks for any replies.
    Louis
    The only reply that can be made here is that someone did a sloppy job of installing sleeves. No they certainly should not protrude above the top of the deck surface.

Comment

Charles,

Great, more work to do. Thanks for the reply, you confirmed what I was suspecting.

Thanks.
      Louis

Comment

Working...
      X