Chrysler Dealer Sales of M37's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Dealer Sales of M37's

Do any folks on this web site have any first hand experience with this issue? I have been told that some type of special transfer of many Dodge M37's from the DOD to Chrysler occurred in 1967, I was also told that Chrysler offered these for sale to the general public through their dealer network. I learned from another web site that a copy of the Chrysler sales literature for this program was published in an early Advertiser issue about the 1980's or 90's.

I am interested in obtaining as much information as I can on this topic.

There was a 4 page brochure put out by Chrysler stating that a quantity of these trucks have been removed from service and would be sold commercialy. The brochure is brief with specifications of the M37 and pictures of equipment that could be utilized for civilian applications. I scanned the cover but haven't been able to attach it to this post.

Frank

Comment

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your reply. Can you email a scan of the 4 pages at wsknettl@centurytel.net

Thanks,
      Wes K

Comment

Will try this again.
        Last edited by Frank Irons; 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Frank,,
          I got the other three pages you sent me. Looks like this was a attempt by Chrysler to educate the public on what the M37 was, relative to the rest of Dodge's heavy pickup line-up, and that DOD had just started to release M37's at DRMO's in large numbers.

I saw no statement that Chrysler was selling any of them.

Has anyone ever seen an M37 on a Chrysler dealer's sale lot in 1967?

Comment

Interesting thing is that Chrysler Leasing Corporation appears to be responsible for the ad. One could speculate that they are ones that the government actually leased from Chrysler, instead of straight out buying?

Comment

Frank,

Can you please email a scan of the 4 pages and I will ask my Father-in-law if he remember it.

My Father-in-law ran an auto parts warehouse for 50 years and was tight with many Chrysler dealers.

Paddy

EBCINNC@AOL.COM

Comment

Frank, the .pdf would have to be done as four separate documents. One document for each page. Then you would post the four, individual images. If your .pdf is all four pages it won't work, doing it all at once.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Are there any published records of the leasing arrangement Chrysler may have had with DOD?

Comment

Originally posted by wesk View Post
                    Are there any published records of the leasing arrangement Chrysler may have had with DOD?
                    I'm only tossing out the idea that maybe Chrysler leased some, so hopefully no one will get the idea this is fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                      Frank, the .pdf would have to be done as four separate documents. One document for each page. Then you would post the four, individual images. If your .pdf is all four pages it won't work, doing it all at once.
                      Here are the other 3 pages.
                      Last edited by Frank Irons; 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Good job, Frank!
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Nice Work

I knew you could do it Frank!

Comment

Frank,

I asked my Father-in-law about the brochure. He remembers seeing the brochure from a dealer in CT but never saw a M37 till I got mine.

Paddyofurniture

Comment

When I saw that photo of the m-37 tow truck, it reminded me that I just did see one in the movie "Its a mad mad mad mad world". There is just a little clip of it in the movie but that means they did sell some with the tow "package".

Comment

Working...
                              X