Add -A- Winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add -A- Winch

has anyone ever installed a front winch on an M37 that never had one from the factory?
    I am wondering just how much bother it would be. And how much stuff I would need to find and install even after finding a winch?
    I see that the placement of the PTO lever seems to be in a sort of uncomfortable spot right next to your right leg.
    Just toying with the idea right now and am wonering if it would be worth all the work.

If you go to the G714 forum and do a search there was a long post there about doing just what you are thinking of doing. Braden LU-4 installation on a WO/Winch M37.

Here's the whole kit-and-kaboodle:
    http://g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3131

Here's a guy that just put one in:
    http://g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2736

http://g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2619

Comment

Thank you.
      I am already up to my back pockets with the wife and this truck. It is costing me way more than it is worth now to fix it up. It looks like the winch is out of the question for a while.
      I am past the point of diminishing return on it and another 2K would end up in devorice court.
      So uless I find a winch and all it requires on the side of the road , it aint happening. Thanks again.

Comment

Generally any hobby vehicle ends up costing more than it's worth, I've certainly spent my share of $$ on multiple vehicles. The PTO lever isn't really in the way at all, it just looks that way in pictures.

Comment

We bought the truck in Oct. 2009. I drove it for a while and had some fun. The engine went down and I sent it out to be rebuilt back in April. It is not back yet so the truck is sitting in the garage in a hundred parts.
          It will cost as much to fix the engine as the truck cost.
          My wife calls it the wolds largest and most expensive paper weight. At this point I have no way to argue her point. So sticking another 2K on it would just be salt in a wound.
          You are right about hobby stuff costing money. But there are limits to how much money one can dump on a truck that may on a good day be worth 9 or 10 K if it was in perfect shape.
          Whith the engine job we will be at that cost level.
          The way I talked her into the engine job was to explain that , we have the truck , it is useless with a bad engine.So we have almost no choice but to fix the engine. She said OK but I now have to be very good for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
            has anyone ever installed a front winch on an M37 that never had one from the factory?
            I am wondering just how much bother it would be. And how much stuff I would need to find and install even after finding a winch?
            I see that the placement of the PTO lever seems to be in a sort of uncomfortable spot right next to your right leg.
            Just toying with the idea right now and am wonering if it would be worth all the work.
            We've installed many, feel free to contact us if we can help.

Comment

Honestly? Isn't that bad.

The lever can be in a sort of bad spot...I know on the ones I drive, it has a habit of going up my right pants let, but you get used to moving around it.

Comment

Working...
              X