Crew Cab M-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crew Cab M-37

Howdy all. I just bought a M-37 parts truck for my Power Wagon, and and am wondering about its origins and history. It has a fiberglass 4 door cab on a long wheelbase with a standard M-37 bed, and it has a placard below the drivers seat saying it was assembled in washington state in `62. I don`t recall the company name on the tag, discovering the drivers seat was full of yellowjackets halted my explorations for now. It also has a fiberglass forward tilting one-piece hood that seems to fit pretty well, I don`t know if it was added later or was part of the conversion. Has anybody ever seen anything similar? I will add pics when I pick it up later this week, maybe that will help.

Wittenberg Conversion

The only ones I know of are not crew cabs.

The one you are looking at may be rare.

It may be on a M43 (ambulance) or other M37 series long frame.

It may have better than "parts truck" value.

http://www.texaspowerwagon.com/wittenberg1.jpg

Comment

pictures, let us see it

Comment

Wittenberg it is

That is it, on the front-end and windshield, at least. It also has the wittenberg tag on it still. I will get pics just as soon as I can, I`m thinking I might have done good for $200. Any history on the wittenbergs or the reasoning behind them would be cool as well.

Comment

picked this up at g741

Comment

That tilting front end would sure make for much easier servicing the truck! I like the original look much better of course.

Comment

Chris - you deserve a lot of credit for your great effort

Thanks for searching out that Wittenberg image. It sure is a better image than the one I posted earlier in this thread. Makes me wonder why I didn't go to the G741 site instead of using material from the Kempner Power Wagon Museum reference files.

It appears that the one you found on the g741 site may have been posted there Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:35 pm in a thread titled "EBay Find".

I wonder who posted that image on the g741 forum back in 2007.

Comment

Sorry Paul....I guess credit where credit is due...
                Still want to see pictures of the Crew cab M37 though.

Comment

I`m trying!

I`ll get pics up as soon as I can, I`m still trying to round up a trailer to go and get it with, you guys will be the first to hear when I get it home. I don`t know whether figuring out what it is or working on it come first.

Comment

G-741/M-37 Crew Cab

I've got a pic of that Crew Cab somewhere, I'll find it after work today. BTW, it's located in the great state of Maine.

Comment

Got it home

No pictures yet, will try for tomorrow. If this thing is rare, somebody better buy it quick, because I am getting antsy looking at all those good parts in the driveway.

Comment

More clues

Sorry for still no pics, camera won`t work with this computer. I did measure the wheelbase, and it is sitting on a 152" WB with no visible splices or extensions on the frame, and it has a 2 piece rear driveshaft with a somewhat homemade (but nicely fabricated) crossmember for the carrier bearing.

Any M-37 series trucks with a 152" WB?

Comment

Just A Guess

Contact Maintenance Vehicle, had a roof mounted ladder bracket, hinged tool box doors.
                          Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's designation was V-41, all my literature is in the shop & I CAN'T WALK for a week plus! Torn cartilage of all things.

Comment

Working...
                          X