M37 windows one way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 windows one way

Trying to get any ideas on why the winows crank down just fine but wont go back up without grabing the top of the window and pulling it while cranking.

I took off the plate and lubed up the tracks as best as I could but it made no difference. It is very hard to see just what is going on in there and I dont see how to remove the window assembly to actually see how it works or what going on to make it not go up.
    Any Ideas ..

There are 2 little round clips that hold the sliding mechanism in the little track pieces. They are a bit of a pain to get on or off. They are springy, and are designed to slide and catch, locking into place. Roll the window down and you'll be able to locate them in the opening where the panel was. You'll need a small screwdriver or something to pry on them to slide them to loosen them, then they'll pull off. If the side channels are worn and the window moves from side to side that will make it hard to roll up also. Pay close attention to the way the window goes in, and the way the tracks go. If everything is clean and lubed, and the channels are good the windows will roll up pretty easily.

Comment

If your regulators are good, the most likely area for your hard roll up issue is in the channels. You probably need to replace some parts in that area. When they are badly worn (they usually are) it allows the glass frame to get cocked instead of being held in a straight up alignment.

Comment

Recall

Each door has a large fender washer w/a Phillips head adjusting screw in/on it. Forward of this about 6" is an anchor screw, barely loosen the anchor screw, take 1 complete turn on the fender washer screw. (behind the fender washer is a slot, up & down)
        This should allow the window panel to be tweaked fore & aft, adjust & tighten till it works.
        If the flocking is gone on the window channels they will need to be replaced or the panels won't slide up & down either.
        I hope I got this right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Each door has a large fender washer w/a Phillips head adjusting screw in/on it. Forward of this about 6" is an anchor screw, barely loosen the anchor screw, take 1 complete turn on the fender washer screw. (behind the fender washer is a slot, up & down)
          This should allow the window panel to be tweaked fore & aft, adjust & tighten till it works.
          If the flocking is gone on the window channels they will need to be replaced or the panels won't slide up & down either.
          I hope I got this right?
          You did and it helped a good bit. They now go up much better. I played with it a bit farther and saw that there are two Phillips head screws on the edge of the door. I see that they hold the end track in place. I took one out and then the other and the track section came loose. I figured if I could get it out I could play with it.
          Is there some magic chant that shrinks the parts down so they will fit out of the access opening?
          They wont come out the top and you cant get them past the window lift structure.

Comment

More Info

As I recall, the entire glass panel will need to be removed, to do this, lower the panel all the down. There are two round spring clips, pressed into a circular a shape, w/a slot.
            Get some new ones, as they are difficult and could get lost in removal. Once the clips are removed, the panel should come right out the top of the door.

John Bizal at www.midwestmil.com has what you'll need, new channels, circle clips as well as new Phillips head screws.

BTW, I did both ways, on the truck & off, off was easy, but remounting the door was a "YOU KNOW WHAT"!
            I hope this helps too?

Comment

It worked. I got the window out and the side tracks. The side tracks were loaded up with what looked like some sort of lubrication that had solidified and was acting like rosin and causing the window to drag on the way up. They were in need of adjustment also.
              The felt is still there and not all that bad considering. Maybe all the waxy crap saved them.
              I was pleased to see that the inside of the doors were nice. Very little rust at all. Lucky me.
              Thanks for the tips.

Comment

No Prob

Glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
                X