Feeling puny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling puny

The M37 is a 3/4 ton pick up truck on steroids for sure but yesterday I stood and blinked while I was at the Tractor Supply store near here when a fellow pulled into the lot with an M813 extended bed bridge carrier truck.

What a monster. I had to talk to him. He is restoring it and takes it out now and then, We got talking and he did say that he has seen cars pull off the road to let him pass them so as not to have that monster behind them .
    It is truly an intimidating beast.

I asked how much the tires cost ,,,$650 per tire OUCH X 10.

Made me feel like I got off cheap at 250 per tire.

Is the 5-ton overwidth, or is it legal on typical roads?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      I reckon it's too heavy for certain bridges too.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        The typical 5-ton is 8' wide and perfectly road legal anywhere, however the 5-ton bridge truck is the exception; they are 9' wide and not generally road legal without special permitting in most areas.

Comment

You guys might know its oversize and the owner of it up here may know its oversize but Barny Phife up here is too busy chasing stray cows to read up on all those nit-pickin laws.
          The town we are in has NO police dept. and the next town only has two cops and they are never on at the same time and not at all after 5PM.
          Oddly with this lack of police protection the crime rate is next to zero. It makes the news on the radio if something is solen from someones car or tool shed.

There is a State police station about 8 miles from here but they only show up around here if you call them.

Comment

Working...
          X