Leaf spring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf spring Question

So I got all the brake lines done and while i was sitting under the rear end admireing my handywork I noted that my rear leaf springs are waaaay worse that I thought. the only leaf that is not broken is the main and it looks wavy. I got a lead that there may be an old ffpw in a nearby junkyard. the yard is like 50 acres of solid junk and they said yes they kinda sorta maybe remember seeing one out there somewhere near the north treeline but I'll have to come out on a nice day when its not so muddy and take my chances climbing. My question is would and old ffpw have leaf springs that would fit my m37? and also (I don't want to get my hopes up to high) if it has the mu2 winch would the pto and winch work on the m37?

Spring question

No, the springs won't even be close. Two different animals. The winch could be adapted but it is not a bolt in job, the correct winch for a M37 is the LU4 not the MU2. The PTO will depend on which transmission is in the truck, may or may not work.

Your only real hope is that the FFPW is misidentified and is really a M37, it's happened before so it might be worth your time to check it out.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
    X