Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture of my truck

first time lets see if it works

Wow , nice. Ill bet most of those blemishes will just buff out.
    Love the gas tank.

Comment

Great Pic

I don't know about the buffing........ but it looks solid. Paper clips on the bumper = Marine Vehicle.
      Congrats & Welcome,

Comment

Go with what works

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
        Wow , nice. Ill bet most of those blemishes will just buff out.
        Love the gas tank.
        Bahaha! I didn't notice that!

I remember when I got mine, the owner had put an aluminum boat gas tank in the back of it and run the gas line through the cab to the carb. It was classic.

Enjoy the truck!

Comment

Originally posted by gusbratz View Post
          first time lets see if it works
          What size are the tires on that truck?
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

tires are 8.25 R20. My neighbor was cutting up an old 60's IH loadstar for scrap . those are the rear duells off of it. great tread and the price was right. they are about 36" in diameter. I torched holes for my studs and welded 1/4" washers over them once the lugs were on tight.

Comment

Truck looks solid! Beautiful country too, where's that at?

Comment

it's ok, maybe a little worse than I thought, i got it running, installed my hydraulic pump and got brakes so im off to a start. I plan on replaceing the rear leaf springs and adding some to the front, building a pipe bumper out of 8'' .375 wall pipe and mounting my fisher plow on her. the driverside floor is gone as is the cab to frame brace but the frame is solid. the bed is rotted out along the corners and I should be able to weld some angle in the corners or i'll just junk the whole bed and put my homemade dump on. I also need to find a powersteering box and mount it. Then I am going to bust out the paint rollers and give her a fresh coat of haze gray. it will be a functional working truck. I live up in NW pa. leaves are starting to change here. I have a feeling I will be plowing again with the backhoe this year. so much for my dreams of being inside something with a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by gusbratz View Post
                  I also need to find a powersteering box and mount it. Then I am going to bust out the paint rollers and give her a fresh coat of haze gray.
                  Make sure you let us know how the power steering conversion turns out. I'm looking to do that to mine, but have little knowledge of how to do it. Your insight could help.

That paint job, in Georgia at least, is referred to as being painted with "a pine top and a slop jar." Gah, I miss Georgia.

Functionality at its finest! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Nice truck and I like your wood shed too!. It looks like you're ready for winter.

Comment

I'll keep you guys posted on the pwr steering. so far i have had one failed attempt. I took a box off of an 85 dodge truck. spline count is the same... I knew I would have to fab up an L shaped bracket... I knew I would have to connect the steering shaft... I did not know about the foward reverse rotation thing. The steering box in an m37 is reverse rotation. meaning if you look directly at the input shaft and are turning it CW the output shaft will be turning CCW as viewed directly. The Box i got off of the 85 dodge was foward geared meaning bothe shafts turn cw as viewed from the end. I started to mount it and stoped.I realized that if I turn left it will go right and vise versa. I tried to imagine that I may get used to it but I'm pretty sure it will bite me at the worst oppertune time. If I get time today I'll try going to the junkyard and shopping around some more.

Comment

GM Saganaw box, Tom at Snake River 4X4 has them, or the junque yard is a option.

www.snakeriver4X4.com

Let us know what you end up doing, OK?

Comment

spent a couple of hours at the junk yard today walking and looking. allthough I found many that had the same spline count or I could of made work they were all foward rotation. napa can get a reverse rotation for 160$. more than I want to spend. I may try to make the one I have work by adding a gear reverser in line with it.

Comment

I'm thinking it's off of the Cheby van, 84-86.
                            If you ask Tom a question about he will answer it.

Comment

Go to this website, a power steering kit for a W300M is being sold. It says he has a reverse roatation steering box for $69. The kit is for $200. He is located in Water Ford, PA. I hope this helps.

Joe

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/cgi-b...rmat=headlines

Comment

Working...
                              X