Cab Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab Removal

Hi, I’m preparing to remove the cab from my M-37 so as to get the rest of the truck into the shop for the winter. I plan on placing the cab on a wimpy trailer to keep it from be freezing to the ground. Does anybody have a ball park weight of the cab? The trailer is only rated for 650lbs. And as the trailer is borrowed I don’t want to mess it up and have to repair it in the middle of this project.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Wasilla, Alaska

Originally posted by Northwind View Post
    Hi, I’m preparing to remove the cab from my M-37 so as to get the rest of the truck into the shop for the winter. I plan on placing the cab on a wimpy trailer to keep it from be freezing to the ground. Does anybody have a ball park weight of the cab? The trailer is only rated for 650lbs. And as the trailer is borrowed I don’t want to mess it up and have to repair it in the middle of this project.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Wasilla, Alaska
    You will be fine.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Just like Gordon said, you will be fine. A bare cab only weighs a couple hundred pounds, add a couple more if you are leaving everything in it. Should still be under 5-600lbs easy. My el-cheapo harbor freight trailer didnt even notice my power giant cab sitting on it so I cant imagine an M37 cab would be terribly heavier.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The tires on this trailer don't look like they would support 200lbs let alone 650! Will get it off this weekend, I hope. Still have stuff to get done before the snow visits us this year. Already had our first frost last Sunday so it won't be long. Need to get a few pictures posted so everyone can have a good laugh.

Regards,

Paul
        Wasilla, Alaska

Comment

Like stated above. You wont have any problems. My friend and I easily lifted my cab off the frame and put it on my trailer.

Comment

We did get the cab removed this past Sunday. That thing is more than 3 people can lift I can tell you. Took out everything we could, doors, all the floor panels and still couldn't eat enough Wheaties to get it off. Had to use our forklift to remove it. The tires on the atv trailer we put it on just about went totally flat. Had to increase the air pressure to 25psi to be able to move it. Glad that job is done. Now to pull the engine and rebuild it.

Paul
            Wasilla, Alaska

Comment

Pictures of Project

If you need a good laugh, have a look!

Paul
              Wasilla, Alaska
              Attached Files

Comment

That's a neat little crawler.

Your method worked well!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                X