distributor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor question

My M43 has the capacitor where the hot wire goes into the distributor. Can that thing go bad and cause a weak spark? If it is bad I can eliminate it can't I? It's basically brand new, maybe 20 hrs run time. Virtually all electrical, and all ignition stuff was installed new at the same time. All the sudden my M43 won't start, replaced condenser and coil again, still weak spark. Definitely getting gas.

Originally posted by Gsmith View Post
    My M43 has the capacitor where the hot wire goes into the distributor. Can that thing go bad and cause a weak spark? If it is bad I can eliminate it can't I? It's basically brand new, maybe 20 hrs run time. Virtually all electrical, and all ignition stuff was installed new at the same time. All the sudden my M43 won't start, replaced condenser and coil again, still weak spark. Definitely getting gas.
    Eliminating the input lead capacitor is a good thing. It will most definitely affect the spark when it starts to go down. We eliminate it on almost all the units we rebuild, 1 less component to give problems.

Comment

Thanks Charles, I thought I read somewhere before it can cause problems. Hopefully that's the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsmith View Post
        Thanks Charles, I thought I read somewhere before it can cause problems. Hopefully that's the issue.
        It's there to knock down radio interference, if that is no issue for you, it serves no purpose at all.

Are all the vent lines hooked up and functioning correctly? If not, that can cause problems in a relatively short amount of time.

Comment

Working...
        X