Frustration x 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration x 10

Remove engine, send it out for total rebuild. While waiting I re-do and fix many items on truck, remove all fenders and all rubber parts and replace them, paint truck.
    Sit and wait for engine to return.
    Engine comes home all spiffy and new looking , Yahoo.
    Go to hospital have two surgerys , spend a month in hospital . Get out and cant do a stinking thing on the truck for months to come due to several large zippers running up my belly.
    It aint fair McGee, it aint fair.

Well lucky me. The two brothers that live down the road from me came over and installed my engine for me.
    Yahoo!.
    I can get all the rest of the stuff but shoving that engine around was just out of the question.

Amazing but after getting it all bolted in and hooking up the electrics and vent lines, radiator , fuel filters etc I figured I would try and see if it would run.
    I figured it would be a bit cranky and need some TLC to get up and running but it kicked off after only two or three revolutions. It ran just fine . I only needed to turn up the idle a smidge.
    Now all I need is to get the fenders and grill back on and it's down the road I go Yahoo!

Comment

Great news!!

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
      Well lucky me. The two brothers that live down the road from me came over and installed my engine for me.
      Yahoo!.
      I can get all the rest of the stuff but shoving that engine around was just out of the question.

Amazing but after getting it all bolted in and hooking up the electrics and vent lines, radiator , fuel filters etc I figured I would try and see if it would run.
      I figured it would be a bit cranky and need some TLC to get up and running but it kicked off after only two or three revolutions. It ran just fine . I only needed to turn up the idle a smidge.
      Now all I need is to get the fenders and grill back on and it's down the road I go Yahoo!
      I'm sure your neighbors can handle the rest of the assembly, maybe they'll have another free day soon.

Comment

You have some pretty great neighbors.

Somehow I missed your first post, I am sorry for that. I am glad you are well.

As my old friend Ken Marsh would have said, consider the alternative.....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The fellows down the road would do the entire job for sure .
          The problem is I like working on stuff myself. Thats half the fun.

I can hoist up and hold the fenders with a small hoist and some cloth slings that I can move around the garage with little problem.
          Plus I need to finish replacing the rubber trim around the fenders etc.
          I figure if all goes well I should have it done by the end of the week.

Comment

Working...
          X