Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor re-assembly question

Hi,

I am hoping you guys can shed some light on how the plate inside the distributor that has the points system mounted on it (just below the rotor) is retained. When I opened my distributor, this plate was just wedged in the housing. It appeared to be at the wrong angle too, as the tab was not in the slot in the housing. There are two screws that are threaded into the plate, but they do not hold anything.

I do have all the manuals on CD, but I can not find a detailed view of this assembly where I can make out how this plate is fastened.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for the great forum. I have been reading up alot in here.

- Vegard

Originally posted by vegard View Post
    Hi,

I am hoping you guys can shed some light on how the plate inside the distributor that has the points system mounted on it (just below the rotor) is retained. When I opened my distributor, this plate was just wedged in the housing. It appeared to be at the wrong angle too, as the tab was not in the slot in the housing. There are two screws that are threaded into the plate, but they do not hold anything.

I do have all the manuals on CD, but I can not find a detailed view of this assembly where I can make out how this plate is fastened.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for the great forum. I have been reading up alot in here.

- Vegard
    You are missing the 2 spring clips that the screws you mentioned hold in place. They protrude into slots in the housing, the spring pressure holds the breaker plate secure when screws are tightened.

Comment

Thank you

I suspected something like that.

Do you have a source for those/ can I buy them from you?

And if not, I can probably make them if someone could post a photo.

Thank you.

- Vegard

Comment

Originally posted by vegard View Post
        I suspected something like that.

Do you have a source for those/ can I buy them from you?

And if not, I can probably make them if someone could post a photo.

Thank you.

- Vegard
        They are easy to come by around here, we use all we can come up with in our own rebuild shop. I have made a few in a crunch. I don't know of a source for them.

Comment

I will make some up. Shouldnt be a problem.

- Vegard

Comment

Working...
          X