Speedo error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo error

Well I guess I owe my truck a small apology. I have been bad mouthing it for being so wimpy. Today I had it out and followed my wife in her 2010 ford to check my speedometer. It turns out that mine is off by about 6 or 7 miles an hour. So if my spedo says 34 MPH I am actually going 40 MPH. And if it reads 50 OMG! thats almost the speed limit egads..
    Not sure what would cause that error , I have the proper size tires and it has original wheels on it.???

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
    Well I guess I owe my truck a small apology. I have been bad mouthing it for being so wimpy. Today I had it out and followed my wife in her 2010 ford to check my speedometer. It turns out that mine is off by about 6 or 7 miles an hour. So if my spedo says 34 MPH I am actually going 40 MPH. And if it reads 50 OMG! thats almost the speed limit egads..
    Not sure what would cause that error , I have the proper size tires and it has original wheels on it.???
    If you are sure the cable is free and spinning as it should, doesn't leave much to chance except a bad speedo head.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
      If you are sure the cable is free and spinning as it should, doesn't leave much to chance except a bad speedo head.
      Its a new cable and it spins free so it may just be the speedometer. I can live with knowing its off by a few miles an hour.
      Merry Chistmas .

Comment

Working...
      X