New guy with with spring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with with spring question

I was looking at the rear springs in my M37, all leaves tight together by the u bolts but spread pretty far appart fore and aft of the axle. I picked up a nice pair of M43 rear springs, is this going to make the truck ride excessively hard and how much lift can I expect? I appreciate your time

Originally posted by Matthew Ziegler View Post
    I was looking at the rear springs in my M37, all leaves tight together by the u bolts but spread pretty far appart fore and aft of the axle. I picked up a nice pair of M43 rear springs, is this going to make the truck ride excessively hard and how much lift can I expect? I appreciate your time
    Many different answers depending on the condition of the springs, both installed under your truck, and the units you've just aquired. If your existing springs are in poor condition, and sagged out, you might find the new spings will lift the truck upwards of 2-3 inches. If they are in good shape, it might be only an inch or so. IMS the M43 packs have additional leaves in them, so add that extra thickness to the height as well. As the M37 bed is lighter than the M43 ambulance box, I would say that the ride will be stiffer, unless you remove a few of the shorter leaves.

Comment

Working...
    X