"BUDD" M37B1 truck to air on SPEED channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "BUDD" M37B1 truck to air on SPEED channel

The Budd project M37b1 we did for Doug and Kelli Crickey of Dawsonville, GA will air on the SPEED channels "MY CLASSIC CAR" show on the dates and times listed below. The interview took place at the Star City Motor Madness show and rally in June of 2010. According to info we just received from Doug it will be 1 of 5 vehicles at the rally that will be aired on the upcoming show.

1st round dates and times:

Sunday April 10 at 10pm eastern / 7pm pacific

Tuesday April 12 at 3pm eastern / 12pm pacific

Sunday April 24 at 9:30am eastern / 6:30am pacific

My understanding, there will be other future show dates, we have no specifics as to when at this time.

Great, will look for it. Great show , silly mustach.
    He was at another show I saw about two weeks ago and spoke with the owner of an M37 . The truck looked a bit over done and a bit hopped up as I recall. I think it actually had some chrome stuff. Not that theres anything wrong with that,,gads I sound like Jerry Sinefeld...

Comment

My Classic Car

Good deal. I've been waiting to see that episode. Congrats Charles! I do hope you and your shop get some good word of mouth advertising. You deserve it.
      Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Don't forget "BUDD" M37B1 project, 10 pm tonight

The episode of My Classic Car tonight at 10 pm eastern on the Speed Channel will be featuring the Star City Motor Madness Rally at Roanoke, VA held in June 2010. One of the featured vehicles will be an M37B1, "BUDD" owned by Doug and Kelli Crickey, and built by M Series Rebuild. Be sure to tune in if you have interest.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.
          I read some place that the M37 is one of the most rebuilt trucks out there and one of the most common trucks from the 50s that are still running and doing thier thing and yet you almost never see one at any car shows unless its a special show for old millitary trucks.
          I think one reason is , as it is in my case the shows are often a pretty good distance away and the 37 is not a whole lot of fun on real long rides for the driver or the poor schnook stuck behind you ploding along at 45 to 50 MPH.
          We have three or four shows up here in the Summer and two are 8 or 9 miles away and two are like 20 miles away and can be drivin to on back country roads with 40 MPH speed limits, perfect . Beyond that I dont see it happining.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
            Thanks for the reminder.
            I read some place that the M37 is one of the most rebuilt trucks out there and one of the most common trucks from the 50s that are still running and doing thier thing and yet you almost never see one at any car shows unless its a special show for old millitary trucks.
            I think one reason is , as it is in my case the shows are often a pretty good distance away and the 37 is not a whole lot of fun on real long rides for the driver or the poor schnook stuck behind you ploding along at 45 to 50 MPH.
            We have three or four shows up here in the Summer and two are 8 or 9 miles away and two are like 20 miles away and can be drivin to on back country roads with 40 MPH speed limits, perfect . Beyond that I dont see it happining.
            We sincerly hope that BUDD is on the show, tonight is the episode of Star City. All the info I have is from the owner, Doug who has relayed to us the little info we have; so we will be anxiously watching along with everyone else. Understandably show officials are very tight lipped concerning shows that have not yet aired and we have no idea what the editors have done with available footage. BUDD is on their website as being on episode 07.

Comment

Part 1 of Charles' article on this truck will be in the May issue of Power Wagon Advertiser.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

watched the show and the truck was shown in detail. looked relly nice but they didn't mention that he had you built it. looks like you relly put some time into the truck. first time I ever saw the show and that guy does have a goofy mustach.

Comment

Originally posted by gusbratz View Post
                  watched the show and the truck was shown in detail. looked relly nice but they didn't mention that he had you built it. looks like you relly put some time into the truck. first time I ever saw the show and that guy does have a goofy mustach.
                  Nobody gets free advertisement from those shows; I just thought you guys might like to watch it.

Comment

Interesting , If I were just watching that with no idea of how that truck got to the point it is in I would have thought that the owner did it all himself.
                    Just two questions about the truck,
                    (1)How much of the original M37 is still there?
                    (2)Why after all the time and money dumped into it did he make the wheels look like they were swaped off of an old red Power Wagon. They just looked out of place to me. Everything sort of OD green and then red wheels..

Comment

Just a bit off the OP but have you ever seen the mustach guy when he is with Jay Leno? If you get a chance to pay attention to Jay and how he reacts to the Host. Jay never fails to stick it to him in one way or another.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaiser2boy;87677]Interesting , If I were just watching that with no idea of how that truck got to the point it is in I would have thought that the owner did it all himself.

I have never been to a car show but I always assumed that anybody displaying a vehicle would have built it themselves as their hobby for their own enjoyment. I never would have thought that anyone would pay somebody else to do it or just outright buy it from another collector and go and display it and be proud of it like it was their creation. Seems kind of weird to me. I thought the same thing kieserboy when he said things like we put this here and we used this there.

Comment

Interesting , If I were just watching that with no idea of how that truck got to the point it is in I would have thought that the owner did it all himself.
                          Just two questions about the truck,
                          (1)How much of the original M37 is still there?
                          (2)Why after all the time and money dumped into it did he make the wheels look like they were swaped off of an old red Power Wagon. They just looked out of place to me. Everything sort of OD green and then red wheels..
                          The rims were the originals, the color is burgundy, the OD green is the original military shade, just in high gloss urethane, the color choices were Doug and Kelli's. While sometimes colors are not necessarily my first choice; we generally do not argue color with a customer. Most of the truck is original components except for the engine and transmission. The transfer case has a cooling system, but was the original case. The custom instrumentation was my design. The disc brakes are 4 wheel and air boosted with the compressor on the Cummins.

You can view over 200 pictures of the build on our website, seeing many of the customized systems.

Comment

[QUOTE=gusbratz;87683]

I have never been to a car show but I always assumed that anybody displaying a vehicle would have built it themselves as their hobby for their own enjoyment. I never would have thought that anyone would pay somebody else to do it or just outright buy it from another collector and go and display it and be proud of it like it was their creation. Seems kind of weird to me. I thought the same thing kieserboy when he said things like we put this here and we used this there.
                            WOW, you would sure miss the mark with that assumption. We have done many show quality trucks that the owners never turned a nut on. Most of them don't have the skill or the time it takes to turn out a show quality truck. This one was 16 months in the making.

Comment

pretty much. like i said never relly been into any show stuff. that is good how it works out that you get to do what you like and build trucks and they get a neat truck they like. are you sad to see them go after spending an unbelieveable amount of time and energy on them?

Comment

Working...
                              X