rear leaf spring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear leaf spring question

I got a better set of leaf springs for my 1962 m37 and am in the process of installing them. does the double wrapped eye go toward the front of the truck or the back? on the old ones springs one side was one way and one side was the other way. could somebody go look at their truck and tell me? i am not sure if it matteres but if the engineers built it this way i would think they had a reason.

Mine are toward the front.
    If that helps.
    Maybe we should start a Poll?
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

spring eye

the front springs have the double wrap pointing towards the front of the truck. and on the rear springs they appear to face the back of the truck. Ii looked through the tm to double check seems like the fronts should be the other way around if you think about it though.

Comment

Mine are slightly to the front too. I don't think this matter as when you install you're new springs, install the rear first, then install the front. Remember the pins are threaded in and you will have to wind them out about 1/2 inch before you can pull them.

Comment

i think i will put mine with the double wrap toward the front. seems like since that front shackel is fixed it should be the anchor.

Comment

springs

Just a thought, make sure the spring bolt ( the one that engages the spring perch) is centered along the length of the spring, some are not you may wind up altering your wheelbase accidentally or putting a lot of wear on the driveshaft slipyoke

Comment

Working...
            X