door latch removal & repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door latch removal & repair

I need some help with my door latch spring. It broke and I went to remove latch and handle, no luck. Realized I didn't know how. Thought it might be simple! Anybody here know more than me. I can't find any information in TM's or doing a search. Thanks Ron

Originally posted by scrapdaddy View Post
    I need some help with my door latch spring. It broke and I went to remove latch and handle, no luck. Realized I didn't know how. Thought it might be simple! Anybody here know more than me. I can't find any information in TM's or doing a search. Thanks Ron
    It's really very simple; what have you done thus far?

Comment

Hi Charles, I unscrewed the three screws around the inner handle and removed the outer handle and latch, but can not remove inner handle, so I can drop it down to replace curly spring on the latch? Inner panel is off also. Thanks Ron

Comment

The round piece that is up against the interior handle is spring loaded. By simply pressing inward on the center portion will expose a 1/8" diameter pin that holds the handle on. Push it straight out with a small punch, it's about 1/2" long. The handle will then slip off the shaft allowing the whole assy to drop down and come out the inner access hole.

Comment

Thank you Charles, once again. That's what I needed to know. I'm on my way!

Comment

Sorry scrapdaddy

I knew I forgot something, the escutcheon strikes again!

Comment

Hey that's alright Bruce, with everybodies help I got it today and ordered the springs. It's good to know there's people who will help when you need it.

Thank You
              Ron

Comment

Working...
              X