Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper units

Hi
    Has anyone used wiper motors made by AB Linn Inc?
    I have seen them on Ebay and wonder if they are any good.
    Thanks for the help.
    Ken

I think you have the wrong idea. These are not made by AB, but are simply something he sells. They are primarily intended to replace vacuum wiper motors on jeeps. The quality is low, so don't expect much. The folks who actually had the motors made are S&S truck, their reps will tell you right up front that they aren't much on quality, but rather just a cheap replacement, a get by more or less. A really good quality, heavy duty, reliable electric wiper kit will cost you $400+ these days. The huge difference in pricing should tell you the story pretty clearly.

AB Linn is one of the most respected parts vendors in the business in my opinion. He absolutely does not misrepresent what he has for sale. What he tells you, you can bank on it. You just have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for, that is more true these days than ever before.

Comment

Charles
      Thanks for the input. Wasn't sure so I thought I would check with those who know.
      Thanks again.
      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
        I think you have the wrong idea. These are not made by AB, but are simply something he sells. They are primarily intended to replace vacuum wiper motors on jeeps. The quality is low, so don't expect much. The folks who actually had the motors made are S&S truck, their reps will tell you right up front that they aren't much on quality, but rather just a cheap replacement, a get by more or less. A really good quality, heavy duty, reliable electric wiper kit will cost you $400+ these days. The huge difference in pricing should tell you the story pretty clearly.

AB Linn is one of the most respected parts vendors in the business in my opinion. He absolutely does not misrepresent what he has for sale. What he tells you, you can bank on it. You just have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for, that is more true these days than ever before.
        Charles, what motors do you recommend as being good quality?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
        X