Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hello ! I am a new M37 owner In the Dallas area. Thought Would say hello. I acquired my 1952 M37 from a friend about a month ago. It is in pretty rough shape. The engine was swapped with a 440 big block. This is the first time i have tackled a project this big and certainly would feel more comfortable with a little bit of support from folks who have been around these old timers. I have been lurking around for a bit and see there is no shortage of knowledge! At this time I have the body removed and plan to go ahead and remove the engine and transmission (haven't decided if i'm going to swap it for another yet). I hope to learn a lot, and Thank you all in advance!

Kyle

This is were I stand as of today.

Welcome!

Welcome to the club. It looks like you've got a pretty straight truck to work with there.

There are a few of us here that are working on restoring M37s right now. Think of the forum as a support group for your newfound disease.

You can find a solid majority of your parts at Vintage Power Wagons http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/

More stuff can be found at Midwest Military
    http://www.midwestmilitary.net/

The forum is a wealth of information. Post lots of pictures and good luck on your adventure!

Comment

Welcome to the Site, Group and Fun. We look forward to your progress, and are here to assist as needed.

Will
      http://m37.wawii.com/
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Welcome to the group, it will be fun to learn more of your project.

It would be interesting to learn more about how this 440 conversion was done, regardless of whether you stay with it or not. Many here are interested in conversions.

How is it mounted? What transmission is used? That sort of thing. As disassembled as you are perhaps it is possible to show a few photos of such aspects of the truck?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Welcome to the M37 owners group and the PWA forums, please post work progress pix as you have time.

Comment

Thank you all very much! I will start a little build thread soon, as to not clog up the site. Will have plenty of pictures to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by CanCleaner View Post
              Thank you all very much! I will start a little build thread soon, as to not clog up the site. Will have plenty of pictures to follow.
              The purpose of this forum site is to provide space so Dodgers can share their projects, experiences, and thoughts, as well as images. It does not need to be little, and there is no such thing as clogging.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                The purpose of this forum site is to provide space so Dodgers can share their projects, experiences, and thoughts, as well as images. It does not need to be little, and there is no such thing as clogging.
                x2

Comment

Very well, Thank you! This has all been a very nice welcome compared to previous forums I have been to.

Comment

Originally posted by CanCleaner View Post
                    Very well, Thank you! This has all been a very nice welcome compared to previous forums I have been to.
                    You've found a home.....

Comment

Welcome

CanCleaner,

Welcome to the forum!

You will find a wealth of information here with some of the most experienced "hands on" mechanics around.

Ask and you will be amazed!

Comment

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Comment

Dodge, Dodge

And more Dodge. Can we/you ever get enough. Gordon's right your 440 dismantle should be interesting fer sure.
                          Welcome Home,

Comment

Working...
                          X