M-37 Radiator and engine block flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe?

The Engine BLOCK DRAIN COCK screws into the ENGINE BLOCK. The nearest PIPE carries oil to the oil pressute sending unit. Obviously that pipe is not part of the cooling system.

Are you sure you are looking at Figure 81 in your TM?

Comment

Well Paul the only thing I can tell you is that the oil sending unit has been disconnected and replaced by just a pipe with the fitting and the the petcock as I have mentioned. The person installed a seperate line from the oil sump to the guage as I can see it. I wish there was a way to post pictures but I have not figured it out yet.

I have asked Gordon about the speed of my M-37 what I can do to increase the speed from the 45 Max to a little faster. Is there some one can do to increase the speed of the M-37.. I like to know?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur V View Post
        Well Paul the only thing I can tell you is that the oil sending unit has been disconnected and replaced by just a pipe with the fitting and the the petcock as I have mentioned. The person installed a seperate line from the oil sump to the guage as I can see it. I wish there was a way to post pictures but I have not figured it out yet.

I have asked Gordon about the speed of my M-37 what I can do to increase the speed from the 45 Max to a little faster. Is there some one can do to increase the speed of the M-37.. I like to know?

Thanks
        You are saying the petcock you are trying to get coolant out of is part of something that replaced an oil line? I am concerned we are getting a big disconnect here, if you will permit the awkward pun.

Can you get a photo of this?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Yes I can but have to figure out how to post it. So will you tell me how I can get my M-37 to run faster then the 45 MPH I'm currently getting out of it and I will post a pic tomorrow.....

Comment

You can either get a photo hosting account and link the image or you can be a magazine subscriber or premium forums user and attach the image to the forum database.

As I mentioned earlier, there are a variety of possible cause for your performance issues. I urge you begin by purchasing an appropriate service manual. Vintage Power Wagons has them. Be sure to ask for a manuals that cover the truck, the governor and carburetor.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
            X