stuck driver door M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck driver door M37

i searched forum wlo success on this topic. Forgive me if missed a dozen legacy answers.

Just when I got the brakes bled, the same day the drivers door has become stuck as if it is binding. It appears to be hinges. Any tips please.

Steve Martin, Dallas

Hinge Bolt Alignment

Or maybe your door stop, the gizmo that slides in & out of your door and is anchored to the pilar.

This could be the culprit?

Or this?

Comment

thanks for the pics and thought. the nature of the "binding" really feels like a hinge. and you know the doors in general for these vehicles have a feeling opening and closing never really "flowed" in my impression. almost as if opening and closing (of the door) was an after thought!

Comment

Both of the doors on my truck open and close just fine,,,I thought.
        I have not dug into the problem I have with the drivers door yet. The problem is if the window if half way down you can not open the door!! Crank the window down another two inches and the door will open.
        You saying the opening of the doors is an after thought, think about this. Both doors lock if you lift the handle OK. What happens if for some reason you accidentally lock the door and get out and shut it ?
        There is no key to reopen it. My truck has the winterized metal roof so there is no just pulling the canvas over and reaching in to unlock it. I am very careful when I get in and out to not accidentally bump the handle up.

Comment

thanks so much that corrected it right away! rolling the window up i mean just got home from the donut shop and then pistol range and kept entering and leaveing via the passenger door!

Comment

Are you just kidding me about rolling down the window?
            I know my truck driver door will not open with the window half way down but I figured I was the only one.
            So your saying that you rolling the window down let your door work ok like my door? Too funny I was sort of kidding about it figuring my door was some sort of freak problem with something bent inside the door.

Comment

not kidding it fixed it right away. Why....I dunno.

Comment

Working...
              X